The back of the sweater is finished, and I've knitted halfway through the front. When I started the front, I had to cast on stitches three different times before I got a foundation row that matched the foundation row on the back of the sweater. My first cast-on stitches on the front of the sweater were a bit looser than those of the back of the sweater, which I noticed were a bit tighter. When knitting several pieces of a garment, I always compare their foundation rows before I actually start knitting to see if they have been cast-on with the same tension. Not doing so might make me end up with two pieces that don't match up, with one being a bit wider than the other due to a looser foundation row. And when the garment is being worn, someone with an eagle-eye (like yours truly) is bound to notice.