Happy Friday! Notitas para el día de hoy
1) I just love my new woven knitting labels. They're from Heirloom Labels
, who do wonderful, professional work and ship in a timely fashion. Very enthusiastic thumbs-up! [And thank you to Evelyn for having recommended them when I expressed my desire for my own labels. Truly, my site visitors rock.]
2) Look at this little army of ducks
Maureen sent me. Can you tell the kid has claimed ownership on them?
thoughtfully sent me a copy of E.Z.'s Knitter's Almanac
. My first E.Z.! I've read the book through, and really enjoyed it. I'll admit that I don't agree with all her thoughts on knitting [coughknittingintheroundcough], but I'm convinced that every knitter should have at least one E.Z. book in their knitting library for the humor and inspiration.
4) Look at the fancy stitch markers
sent me. Hello! Now I want to place them on my needles and find an excuse to knit in public where others can see them. I am a show-off.
5) The other day I went to the yarn store to pick up some yarn for friends. While I was there, I decided to just go ahead and get some yarn
to do the striped cardigan
a few others want to do. I've had the pattern for a while; it's from Phildar's Evasion
, where I got the tiny tank pattern. I also got the satin band with fasteners to sew onto the front edges. It's a quick knit, so it should be fun. But aren't I such an incurable yarn 'ho? I need to exercise more self-control. Or a little brownie named "Madge" to help me knit into the wee hours of the morning.
6) I finished the back of my son's sleeveless vest
! I rule.